REUSE -------- Three brilliant ways that YOU can
RECYCLE eliminate waste and protect your environment!
This environment needs our help to keep it safe and secure because if we don't then the waste will destroy it, how we choose to handle it is YOUR OWN CHOICE.
It affects our world's environment (your environment too).
The environment is everything around including the air, water, land, plants and man-made things too. Everyone knows by now what the enviroment means to the world and that effective waste management is important.
We need to control the waste we create, hoping it does not harm the environment and our health. It affects us too not just the trees !!!
- Up to 60% of the rubbish that ends up in the dustbin could be recycled.
- The unreleased energy contained in the average dustbin each year could power a television for 5,000 hours.
- The largest lake in the Britain could be filled with rubbish from the UK in 8 months.
- On average, 16% of the money you spend on a product pays for the packaging, which ultimately ends up as rubbish.
- As much as 50% of waste in the average dustbin could be composted.
- Up to 80% of a vehicle can be recycled.
- 9 out of 10 people would recycle more if it were made easier.
What can be recycled:
-Aluminium (a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite)
-Glass (A hard, brittle substance, typically transparent or translucent, made by fusing sand with soda, lime, and sometimes other ingredients...)
-Paper (Material manufactured in thin sheets from the pulp of wood or other fibrous substances, used for writing, drawing, or printing on)
-Plastic (A synthetic material made from a wide range of organic polymers such as polyethylene, PVC, nylon, etc., that can be molded into shape)
Recycling centres near you ! (St Helens)
Fishwicks Industrial Estate
01744 851 941
James Heyes and Sons Green Waste
01744 884 711
Central Grange Enviromental Waste Ltd
Mill Field Business Centre
01744 616 141
Parr Industrial Estate
01744 611 093
Recycle Projects / Crafts too !
(craft reuses plastic bags, plastic bottles , glass jars , bottles and tin cans).
(expierience a light bulb moment - make our earth a little greener by recycling old light bulbs)
-recycle household items
(re uses for household items like laundry scoops).