About the Youth Service (Parents/Guardians)
St. Helens Council Youth Service, offers a broad range of programmes and activities that have been specifically tailored to meet the needs of all 5 to 25 year olds from across the Borough. Ranging from drama, music, sports and volunteering opportunities - the purpose is to support the personal and social development of young people.
We pledge to offer young people in St. Helens -
- A safe, warm, well-equipped meeting place within a bus ride, giving an opportunity to participate in drama, music, sports, support and voluntary action within a youth centre;
- A set of programmes, related to the core youth work principles and a curriculum framework, which supports young people's development in citizenship, the arts, and in personal and social development for 5-25 year olds in all youth clubs and youth centres, including through residential experiences and peer education;
- A confidential advisory and support service, easily accessible to all 5-25 year olds offering support and advice on a number of issues;
- A youth council that supports youth engagement in local democracy in a wide range of ways;
- A youth volunteering project;
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and similar youth achievement awards to all 13-19 year olds;
- The opportunity to take part in our provision, by connecting with young people in St. Helens during our outreach work;
- Appropriate Initiatives to tackle local community priorities - by working in partnership with local management teams, Ward Committees, Neighbourhood Action Groups, Connexions Service and Youth Offending Service;
- Increased support and provision in School's by working with and within local schools to support their own services and initiatives; and;
- A range of outdoor activities which promote individual skills in a teamwork setting, building and improving self-confidence, self-esteem and setting meaningful challenges.
For more information about The Youth Service and what we have to offer please contact us.