How do I get help, information & advice?
For help, information and advice, come to TAZ!
TAZ is a free and confidential sexual health service for anyone aged 13 to 19.
Where is TAZ?
You can find us on the first floor of the NHS Walk In Centre (by the bus station in the town centre)
The address is:
The Millennium Centre (First Floor), Corporation Street, St.Helens, WA10 1HJ
How can TAZ help?
We can help you with all aspects of your sexual health.
We can offer you FREE:
- Contraception (contraceptive pill, implant, injection, coil and condoms) and advice about which type is best for you.
- Emergency Contraception (the Morning After Pill) to prevent unwanted pregnancy (available for up to 5 days after unprotected sex). If TAZ is closed you can get Free Emergency Contraception from these Chemists.
- Pregnancy testing and guidance on your options and next steps if you think you may be pregnant.
- Testing for some sexually transmitted infections, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV and Syphilis (more info about infections here).
- Information, advice and guidance about ANYTHING to do with sexual health, including questions about relationships, puberty, periods, body changes and growing up. There's no such thing as a silly question!
You can also sign up for, or use your existing at TAZ.
Do I need an appointment?
No, just turn up when we're open, there's no need for an appointment.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes. You can bring a friend, your boyfriend or girlfriend into the waiting room with you. Depending on the reason for your visit, the doctor or nurse might want to see you on your own for a few minutes first.
Will anybody find out that I've been to TAZ?
TAZ is a confidential service, so we don't share your information with anybody else. We won't send any letters home or contact you outside of TAZ.
Please read our confidentiality statement