Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team (YPDAAT)
Data Protection Rules are changing.
When you share your personal information with services such as YPDAAT, you have a right to know why we need this information, what we do with it and how we keep it safe.
The rules that tell us how to do this are changing - check out our Privacy Notice for more information.
St Helens Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team (YPDAAT), provide young people and their families in St Helens with a range of interventions to help them to make informed choices around drug and alcohol use in order to achieve their full potential.
Despite what you might think, most young people chose not to use drugs or alcohol. Of those that do most young people will grow out of this without any issues.
What we do
- We are here to help you to make healthy choices, to prevent you getting into risky situations due to drug and alcohol use.
- We are a confidential service, working with young people aged up to 19.
- We can offer help and support in cutting down, quitting or being safe and provide one to one sessions with your own keyworker.
- All staff are trained in nicotine replacement therapy to help you stop smoking. We also offer STI screening and C-Card services.
- We can also offer complimentary therapy sessions to help relaxation and show you other ways to chill out.
What we don't do
- Tell you off
- Tell your parents/carers, unless we think you are at risk of harm to yourself or others
- Tell you should be doing
- Make decisions about you without you knowing
What to expect
- A friendly service
- An initial appointment where we introduce ourselves and tell you more about what the team offers
- The opportunity to ask any questions and tell us a bit more about what is going on for you
- Appointments with your keyworker at suitable times and places for you
- Support for as long as you feel you want to receive it